Ladies and Gents! Do you have a dirty, messy dog that you love to no end? Do you have a car you would like to keep clean even after you take Fido out for a good run in the park? Look no further! I present to you the Handy Dandy Kurgo Wander Hammock Seat Cover.
Look, I am the first to admit, something like this seems unnecessary, downright gimmicky. Then, I adopted a dog that gets car sick every time she sits in the car. I’ve used everything I thought would help; blankets, trash bags and bibs! Just so that Ellie’s excessive amount of drool and sometimes vomit, don’t land on the back seats. I have to travel with her, sometimes to the vet or to the park or simply to visit someone. Having to pull out blankets and trash bags, keeping them from shifting around or making sure the dog is resting on them while she is in the car, its a challenge!
I decided to look into a car seat cover after I saw a friend using one for her dogs. One day while browsing the sale items at an REI, I saw the Kurgo Wander Hammock Seat Cover for $49.50. I decided to pick it up, no need to pay for shipping if I’m standing right there! If you decide on a car cover, do your homework, find the best price. I was at Ross recently and I saw three different car seat covers for half the price of what I paid. Hint. Hint.
I thought it was expensive for what I still considered a luxury at that point. But I love it and it’s been re-categorized to necessity based on its ease of use and cleaning.
This is what it has:
- Six attachment points to keep hammock in place. Ellie can’t move it around anymore with her frantic movements to be let out of the car.
- Can be used as a hammock or a seat cover. This means you can leave the cover in place even if you have other passengers.
- Waterproof, washable and stain resistant. Need I explain more? Let me tell you something; when there is vomit, accidental trekking of mud and/or poo (you know it happens) …you want to clean it out as best you can and this thing makes it really easy for that to happen.
- Includes utility bag for leash, toys and water. This is a nice bonus and it came with a water bottle. I bought a pet water bottle so I don’t need the one included, still nice though.
- Measures 53 by 54 inches.
- Easy seatbelt and child latch access via Velcro openings. I want the dogs to sit on the cover and I still want to be able to tie them down with the seatbelt. Again, if there are other people in the car, no need to move the cover so they can buckle up.
All in all, I find it very useful and if you are looking for something to protect your back seat from your dirty but active and adventurous dogs, this may be a good option for you.